Certified Green Products
Use the links below to find eco-friendly and green certified products to reduce your carbon footprint and improve environmental health.
Energy Efficiency is Likely the Greatest Cost Savings Opportunity available for businesses and presents impactful environmental benefits.
The video highlights our County’s Energy Watch Partner Staples Energy. We work with Staples to schedule free energy assessments, with calculated retrofit cost, ROI, and deemed utility rebates.
Figure out what you can do to save water
Water is a vital part to our everyday life and it is crucial we save every drop. Below are ways to improve your water usage.
Best Practices for your waste and garbage
Learn more about what is recyclable, what is compostable and what is appropriate to call garbage. According the greenbiz, waste is the biggest contributor to your carbon footprint so we want to make sure we can help lower that.
San Luis Obispo County commuters, students, parents, seniors, persons with disabilities, teachers and travelers seeking a one-stop-shop for transportation options and information can call 511, email email@example.com, or visit Rideshare.org. For an overview of options, from shuttles and cabs to biking and carpool resources, check out the region’s Know How to GO! guide. Links are provided below.
Learn more about pollution prevention, SLO county’s air and what you can do to help improve our air quality.
california green business network
The California Green Business Program leads the state and nation in working with small to medium sized businesses to grow a vibrant and healthy green economy. Led by a coalition of cities and counties, we contribute to more livable communities with healthier environments, while also conserving resources and saving money.
Implement green practices in your everyday life
Green practices to decrease your individual everyday carbon footprint.
Eco-products purchasing guide:
This guide gives some examples of sustainable, safe products that your business can use to replace toxic cleaners, unsustainable copier paper, and other common items used in offices and retail shops. The list below provides some options, where you can purchase them, and the pricing. Most of these products can be purchased on Amazon or at Target, Whole Foods, and other major retailers. For large offices, bulk janitorial supplies may be available for cheaper prices at the supplier typically contracted with. Pricing and availability will vary by retailer. Click the hyperlinks to go to product purchasing.
· Seventh Generation all-purpose cleaner (32 fl oz). Cost: $2.99
· Method all-purpose cleaner (32 fl oz). Cost: $2.79
· Mrs. Meyers all-purpose cleaner (16 fl oz). Cost: $3.49
· ECOS all-purpose cleaner (22 fl oz, 2-pack). Cost: $9.22
· Seventh Generation Disinfecting Multi-Surface Wipes (70 wipes). Cost: $4.99
· Babyganics all-purpose surface wipes (150 wipes). Cost: $14.92
· Green Works compostable cleaning wipes (186 wipes). Cost: $14.45
· Method Natural Glass + Surface Cleaner (28 fl oz, 2 pack) Cost: $13.00
· Better Life Natural Streak Free Glass Cleaner (32 fl oz, 2 pack). Cost: $13.30
· 365 unscented glass cleaner (32 fl oz). Cost: $3.99
· Biokleen Glass Cleaner (32 fl oz, 2 pack) Cost: $15.62
· OdoBan Glass & Surface Cleaner https://www.amazon.com/Earth-Choice-Surface-Cleaner-Gallon/dp/B00MU27TPA (1 gal)
· Brandless toilet bowl cleaner (24 fl oz). Cost: $3.00
· Mrs. Meyers toilet bowl cleaner (24 fl oz). Cost: $3.59
· Seventh Generation toilet bowl cleaner (32 fl oz). Cost: $2.79
· Green Works toilet bowl cleaner (24 fl oz). Cost: $2.99
· Brandless tub & tile cleaner (30 fl oz). Cost: $3.00
· Mrs. Meyers tub & tile cleaner (33 fl oz). Cost: $4.99
· Quick Shine concentrated floor cleaner (27 fl oz). Cost: $5.49
· Quick Shine hardwood floor cleaner (27 fl oz). Cost: $4.29
· Babyganics floor cleaner concentrate (32 fl oz). Cost: $11.38
· Positiveffects floor cleaner (4 gal). Cost: $155.18
· Diversey neutral floor cleaner (1 gal). Cost: $11.99
· Simple Green concentrated carpet cleaner (1 gal). Cost: $23.97
· Biokleen carpet and rug shampoo concentrate (64 oz). Cost: $15.00
Stainless steel cleaner:
· Wow! Stainless steel cleaner (16 fl oz). Cost: $10.33
· Better Life stainless steele cleaner ( fl oz). Cost: $5.62
· Eco-me stainless steel cleaner (16 fl oz). Cost: $8.76
Swiffer Floor (wet) Alternative
· Bona Hardwood Wet Disposable Floor Wipes (12 ct). Cost: $7.97
· Mrs. Meyers room refresher (8 fl oz). Cost: $4.99
· Fresh Wave odor remover spray (16 fl oz). Cost: $15.98
· Method foaming hand soap (10 oz, 6 count). Cost: $16.74
· Brandless gel hand soap (9.5 fl oz). Cost: $3.00
· Mrs. Meyers gel hand soap (12.5 fl oz). Cost: $3.29
· Seventh Generation liquid dish soap (25 fl oz). Cost: $2.95
· Mrs. Meyer’s liquid dish soap (16 fl oz). Cost: $3.69
· Brandless dish soap (16.5 fl oz). Cost: $3.00
· Kirkland environmentally responsible dish soap (135 fl oz). Cost: $9.29
Toilet paper/seat covers:
· Georgia Pacific Envision Bath Tissue, 2-ply, 100% recycled (80 rolls). Cost: $49.99
· Seventh Generation Bath Tissue, 2-ply, 100% recycled (48 rolls). Cost: $31.96
· 365 Everyday Value, 2-ply, 100% recycled (12 rolls). Cost: $5.99
· Sustainable Earth by Staples, 2-ply, 100% recycled (48 rolls). Cost: $29.49
· Sustainable Earth by Staples, toilet seat cover (5,000 covers). Cost: $63.99
Paper towel rolls:
· Seventh Generation Unbleached Paper Towels (24 rolls, 120 sheets each). Cost: $43.96
· Georgia Pacific Envision Jumbo Unbleached Paper Towels (12 rolls, 250 sheets each). Cost: $54.58
· Staples Sustainable Earth Paper Towels (15 rolls, 60 sheets each). Cost: $16.99
· Windsoft paper towels 80% recycled (30 rolls, 100 sheets each). Cost: $33.59
· Marcal 100% recycled, Green Seal Certified paper towels (24 rolls, 140 sheets each). Cost: $52.73
· Hammermill Great White 30% Recycled Printer Paper (10 reams of 500 sheets). Cost: $45.99
· Boise Aspen 100% Recycled Printer Paper (10 reams of 500 sheets). Cost: $56.99
· Office Depot Envirocopy 30% Recycled Printer Paper (5 reams of 500 Sheets). Cost: $32.99
Folded paper towels:
· Pacific Blue multifold paper towels, 100% recycled (16 packs of 250 sheets). Cost: $27.20
· Highmark multifold paper towels, 100% recycled (16 packs of 250 sheets). Cost: $24.99
Hardwound paper towels:
· Highmark hardwound paper towels, 100% recycled (12 rolls). Cost: $25.99
· Genpak 32 oz. 30% recycled plastic hinged container (200 ct). Cost: $46.83
· Foldpak 56 oz. 100% recycled paper container (160 ct). Cost: $44.06
Kraft Paper Bags:
· Nashville Wraps Bags with handles https://www.nashvillewraps.com/bags/recycled-shopping-bags/p-155